ППМГ”Акад.Никола Обрешков”-гр. Бургас има одобрена проектна кандидатура по програма „Еразъм +” за периода 2017-2019 г. по тема „Discover the Unknown in Mathematics”.
Поканват се учениците от 9, 10, 11 класове да кандидатстват за включване в екипа за работа по проекта. Общ брой на одобрените кандидати-16 + 4 резерви.
Условия и изисквания:
– Успех от предходната година-минимум 5.50-копие от бележник;
– Мотивационно писмо/ на английски език/ -защо искат да участват в проекта, с какво ще допринесат за успешната работа, с какво ще се обогатят от участието си в програмата;
– Владеене на английски език-ниво В2;
– Отлични комуникативни и организационни умения;
– Отлично владеене на програми за работа с видео-файлове;
– Отлично ниво на компютърна грамотност;
– Задълбочени познания и интерес към математиката;
– Лични качества- отговорност, умения за работа в екип, дисциплинираност, точност и изпълнителност, уважение към институцията и авторитетите, готовност и желание да се издигне авторитета на училището, града и страната ни;
– Успех по математика-минимум 5.00;
– Подписана родителска декларация- по образец;
– Проект за лого на проекта, съобразено с целите и дейностите му. Предава се с името на кандидата на флашка или диск.
– Презентация на английски език с идеи и разработка за иновативно обучение по математика по определена тема-напр. чрез изкуство, комикси, музика- или презентация представяща приложението на математиката в ежедневието. Предава се с името на кандидата на флашка или диск.
Срок за предаване на документите и продуктите-21.09.2017, 15 ч., в канцеларията.
Представяне на проекта-
Discover the Unknown in Mathematics (DITUM) is a project where students and their teachers make mathematics seen and taught in a new light. The focus is to encourage teachers to teach more motivating way by aid of students. The goal is to decrease gender-based underachievement, create new peer-to-peer learning methods and give a perspective how maths act in everyday life. There is sometimes low self-esteem among students when studying maths which relates to other learning difficulties too. By giving new ideas and opportunities for participants, institutions, teachers and the most important students, we are creating a toolkit to help reduce early school leaving. Our project works as a company so there is entrepreneurship as a tool, but also a career choice for some of the students. To use of the entrepreneurship is a result from other European Union funded Erasmus+ project where good practises have been formed.
DITUM puts a very valuable school subject, available every partner and beyond, maths as a spearhead for new type of learning. The students will use their everyday tools and platforms to create new learning methods, for example maths in comics, plays, songs etc. Then we will use existing specialists from worklife to explain how a school subject from class room turns into a fascinating career choice. Those not seeking an academic career in other institutions our project gives ideas how to calculate salary, taxes, invest in a stock market and how to run your own business. Finally, all our products are marketed and given to any willing to use them. There will be eTwinning for visitors, EU database and open sources such as youtube available to all.
Our group consists of five partners. The main coordinator is a medium-sized school from Finland. Spain and Germany are big schools with lots of different age groups. Bulgaria and Italy are classical schools, and the bulgarian is specialized in math studies. All the partners have experience from previous projects, and all have certain special added value for the project. Therefore we expect good and ambitious results.
In DITUM, we have already checked the existing curriculum, which is almost similar in each country. Our idea is to change local curriculum into a student-friendly direction. When Europe is struggling with political problems, this kind of cooperation gives positive image in local, regional and also in national level what advantages Erasmus+ program can offer. All the partners have good contact for dissemination and our dissemination plan is carefully planned to have impact for example in national maths teacher union (Finland). Without funding there is no chance to start project like this one, but after funding the results are alive and free for all.
– As a first step, all the partners will form a virtual company whose business idea is to sell ideas developed by the project. In this way we also learn to build advertisement program, make our ideas tempting and give career idea to those students not knowing their future occupation. All the companies will form a conglomerate that we will use throughout the project. This will be done by the first learning event.
– The second step is to build a common vocabulary for all the project by gathering words related to maths. We also prepare a future maths lesson in co-operation with students. Students propose new ideas and teachers try to form a model lesson with new approaches. Both vocabulary and a model lesson are the products of the second phase done in between first and second learning event where they are finalized.
– Third step is to market our product by doing mathematics in a completely new way: arts. We will make maths lesson/topic as song or an arts performance like song, play or comics. This will bring new ideas for learning and we can soften the barriers between the subjects. We publish all the performances in social media channel like Youtube. After having opened the social media channel, we will create videos of peer learning in an international way. All the students give their ideas to other partners how to learn some difficult topic of maths and we will make videos as a product.
– In a fourth step we will bring mathematics in everyday life by involving those specialists who use maths in their work. We will interview persons from banking, weather services, public planning, academic world etc. The main idea is build a combination of stories related to maths and especially if our specialists had any difficulties with their studies and how they managed to forward.
– Then the project continues with everyday life of using maths. We will form a maths olympics in funny way by using taxes, stock markets, interest rates, propabilities etc. By doing this, we also want to compare living each other partner countries. We also try to create a lot of data for studies to be used. And for the final stage, we start to create a simple but own mathematical model to solve problem.
– As a last product we will build and use our own mathematical tool for solving existing task in our society. This tool will be our conglomerate’s flagship product.